Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Bakersfield run - did it in 12 parsecs (Star Wars reference)

Got up at 4am, on the road by 4:30, made it to my business by nine, and on time.  The old Dodge (189,000 miles and counting) ran like a champ.

It was a long old drive back, but the weather was fine, and there isn't really any traffic on 99.

After crashing at home for a couple hours, I wandered out to the garden, and discovered some volunteer cilantro from last year, coming up vigorously.  To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

 Also, last year I planted a blood orange tree, and this evening I found a fruit that I suspect is left over from last fall.  The wife and I split it, and the juice was indeed blood red.  Very tasty, and judging from this example, I can't wait until it's much bigger and more productive.

                                                 This was pretty much what we found.


Gardening is lots of work, but is very rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. It always tastes better when it comes fresh from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw one like that - will have to look for them!

    ReplyDelete