Sunday, November 6, 2011

Some guy just posted this over on the Ruger forum about his experience with that company.  For reference, a "Speed Six" is a revolver that that company no longer makes, having replaced it with a more modern and up to date model years ago.  Stories like this give one confidence in our home grown manufactures like Ruger, and make one wonder how this story might have been different if this product had been made by a Chinese company.

   "I bought a used Speed Six a few weeks back -- it dry fired fine, but at the range repeated recoil would jar something after a dozen or so shots and the cylinder latch would start to skip a cylinder notch. Very frustrating. 

I sent it to Ruger in New Hampshire knowing that they could provide only partial support (spare parts are getting more and more rare). I told them too I was not the original owner. I got it back a week and a day later (2nd Day Air!!). 

They put in new springs and plungers, a new cylinder latch, a new trigger (the whole trigger group it appears!) and a new center pin & lock. The gun shoots fine now -- and there was no bill. 

Just unreal!! I could not be happier with Ruger. I have wanted a Speed Six for a while and Ruger went out of their way to make it happen for me."



No comments:

Post a Comment